David T. Jones, M.D.
Dr. David T. Jones is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas. He has been with The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic since 2006 when he and his family moved from New Orleans in the wake of hurricane Katrina. He trained at LSU in New Orleans in Orthopaedic Surgery and began private practice there in 1998. In 2002 he moved briefly to Boston, where he did additional training in trauma and minimally invasive surgery at Harvard and then returned to New Orleans.
He served as the team physician for New Orleans’ only professional soccer team (The Storm later renamed Shellshockers) and helped care for professional hockey (The Brass), baseball (The Zephyrs), as well as numerous sports teams, from middle school to college level. Dr. Jones is currently one of the team physicians/advisors for the U.S. Olympic Sailing Team and is an active member and past Chairman of the Sports Medicine Committee for US Sailing. He understands athletes at all levels not only from his experience in their treatment but also from the perspective of an athlete as he played soccer in college, in Europe, and for a professional team in the USISL. He is also a national champion in sailing. His approach involves individual attention, conservative treatment if possible, and the latest techniques and skills if surgery is required.
Dr. Jones has served as Chairman of Orthopaedics and Chairman of Surgery at two hospitals in New Orleans. He has also served as Chairman of Orthopaedics at Rex Hospital.
He is also honored to serve as an on-going educational consultant and instructor for other Orthopaedic Surgeons in the areas of hip arthroscopy, sports medicine, trauma and direct anterior hip replacement.
- Rhodes College in Memphis, TN
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Internship & Residency
- Louisiana State University Medical Center and Charity Hospital in New Orleans
- AO North America Trauma, Harvard, Boston
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Education of Orthopaedic Surgeons Worldwide
- Arthroscopic Surgery (HIP, SHOULDER, KNEE, ELBOW, and ANKLE)
- Disorders of Bones, Joints, Ligaments, Muscles, and Tendons
- Joint Replacement (Joint, Knee, and Shoulder)
- General Orthopaedics- Upper and Lower Extremity Injuries
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Preservation Surgery for Impingement and Cartilage Injuries
- Minimally Invasive Sports Medicine and Trauma Surgery
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, and Ankle Arthroscopy
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- AO Alumni Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Raleigh Academy of Medicine
- Research Triangle Park Orthopaedic Society
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. We will also gladly help you coordinate a visit from areas beyond and even out of state. Schedule an appointment today!