At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, our Board Certified and experienced Orthopaedic Surgeons specialize in arthroscopic surgery for patients of all ages. Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure orthopaedic surgeons use to effectively visualize, diagnose and treat problems inside a joint.
At our orthopaedic clinic, patients are cared for by a surgeon through every step of the treatment process. We use state-of-the-art arthroscopy equipment to treat pain and injuries of the knee, hip, shoulder, ankle, wrist and more. When surgery is necessary, we use the most advanced and proven surgical procedures that dramatically reduce your recovery time.
What Are the Advantages of Arthroscopic Surgery?
Although arthroscopic surgery has received public attention for its use in treating well-known athletes, it is an extremely valuable tool for all orthopaedic patients and is easier on the patient than “open” surgery. Most patients undergo arthroscopic surgery as outpatients and are home several hours later. It is not unusual for patients to go back to work or school or resume daily activities within a few days. Athletes and others who are in good physical condition may in some cases return to athletic activities within a few weeks.
Our Raleigh Physicians Specialize in the Following Arthroscopic Surgeries:
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee – ACL reconstruction with patella tendon autograft, hamstring allograft and quadriceps graft
- Arthroscopic treatment of meniscus tears
- Arthroscopic treatment of cartilage tears
- Arthroscopic treatment of patellar chondromalacia
- Arthroscopic treatment of patella tendon disorders and dislocations
- Arthroscopic treatment of OCD (osteochondritis dissecans)
- Arthroscopic Baker’s cyst treatment
- Arthroscopic debridement of cartilage tears
- Arthroscopic microfracture and drilling of cartilage defects
- Arthroscopically assisted cartilage treatment
- Arthroscopic treatment of cartilage tears / SLAP lesions (labral tears)
- Arthroscopic treatment of shoulder dislocations, separations and instability
- Arthroscopic treatment of impingement (bone spur removal)
- Arthroscopic and open treatment of rotator cuff repairs
- Arthroscopic and minimally invasive superior capsule repair of shoulders
- Arthroscopic treatment of biceps tendon injuries
- Minimally invasive rotator cuff repair
- Treatment of arthritis at the shoulder
- Arthroscopic treatment of hip impingement
- Arthroscopic treatment of labral tears of the hip
- Arthroscopic treatment of hamstring tears, bursitis, and snapping hip
- Arthroscopic treatment of ankle OCD (osteochondritis dissecans)
- Arthroscopic treatment of ankle pathology
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
At The Bone and Joint Surgery Clinic, we’re proud to provide the highest quality orthopaedic care and diagnostic services to patients from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Garner, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!